Hornung Imagination Pages

Monday, October 6, 2014

Thursday is the Big Day!


Welcome letters will be sent home on Tuesday and our first meeting will be Thursday!  With such a short time in between, I can only imagine parents will have questions.  Our first meeting will primarily focus on getting to know each other and focusing on the Cardboard Challenge.  I am asking all children to bring cardboard (whatever is able to be brought to school.) We will be creating cardboard games and other creations, so it will be a pretty opened ended first meeting. 

As far as future meetings, here is a general agenda, as well as my expectations: 

3:50-4:00 Settle in, snacks, and socialization. 
4:00-4:25: Sharing/Instant Challenges
4:25-5:20 Planning and Creative Play
5:20-5:45: Sharing (If students need to leave at 5:30, that is fine, but I would love to have parents be part of the share time.  In the future, I would even love to have family creative time from 5:30-6:00 possibly) 


*There could be times where we will go on field trips or have other themed meetings. 

  • I expect kids to come to the meetings excited to learn, take risks, and explore. 
  • I expect kids to work together, but also develop self-regulation and independence.
  • I expect kids to be the leader sometimes and bring their ideas for projects to the meetings. 
  • I expect kids to be inspired by each other! 
  • I expect the kids to record their ideas, thoughts, and progress in their Imagination Notebook each week! 
  • I expect the kids to respect the materials, Hornung Elementary, and follow the normal expectations of the school environment. 
  • I expect this to be one of the most awesome after school activities Brighton has ever expereienced! 
To have an idea of the types of things the students may do for their first meeting, check out my page on the Global Cardboard Challenge


To learn about the true inspiration behind the Imagination Foundation, check out Caine!

No comments:

Post a Comment